OmniServer News and Announcements
December 19, 2011 - Release of Minor Version 2.7-022
IMPORTANT!!! OmniServer V2.7 Build 22 specifically addresses a rare licensing algorithm glitch that less than 1% of customers should experience that prevents OmniServer from being licensed initially. Do NOT download and install Build 22 if you already have OmniServer V2.7-020 or earlier installed AND licensed. Doing so will invalidate your license and you will need to submit a re-registration request.
Anyone downloading and installing on an unlicensed machine should proceed with the new build.
June 6, 2011 - OmniServer V2.7 is OPC DA 2.05 Certified
Software Toolbox is pleased to announce that OmniServer V2.7 has now been OPC Certified for the OPC DA 2.05 specification by the OPC Foundation. OPC Certification ensures the highest level of compatibility with your OPC DA 2.05 Client application. Click here to view the OmniServer OPC Certificate!
November 22, 2010 - Release of Minor Version 2.7-020
Minor revision addresses an issue discovered with password protected OmniServer protocols being used with multiple topics. The issue prevents protocol access for additional topics using the same protocol beyond the initial topic that is configured.
September 16, 2010 - Release of Major Version 2.7-019
Software Toolbox is pleased to announce the release of OmniServer V2.7. This version adds support for the new OPC Unified Architecture (OPC UA) specification from the OPC Foundation. OPC UA provides a secure, reliable client connectivity architecture for both local and remote data acquisition. OPC UA provides remote connectivity without the use of Microsoft's DCOM transport technology.
Release Notes for Version 2.7 (Detailed information can be found here):
- Support for OPC Unified Architecture (OPC UA).
- Enhanced GUI with collapsible Topics in Item Values window.
- Fixed bug with Event Logger not displaying TCP Winsock errors properly.
- Known Issue with RANDOM Test Device - Cannot currently be assigned to multiple Topics.
- Support for newer 64-bit Operating Systems.
- Support removed for Windows 2000 Family Operating Systems.
September 5, 2008 - Release of Major Version 2.6
Software Toolbox is pleased to announce the release of OmniServer V2.7.
Release Notes for Version 2.6
- Support for Vista and Windows 2008 Server.
- Added option for disabling the service dependency on NetDDE service.
- Fixed bug where multiple UDP devices setup on the same port were ignoring data.
- Added box in the logger options for setting the size (in KB) of the logger text capacity.
- Added option to use fixed-width font in the protocol editor window. (Default is fixed-width)
- Increased the object limit from 512 to 2048.
- Added “Keep Alive” option for TCP devices.
- Added option to change the background color behind the address column in the I/O Monitor window. (Default is gray)
- Set the default message length to 32768 for all new protocols.
- Added the Email Wedge. (Professional Version only)
- Added device and/or topic information to the end of I/O event log entries.
- Added header information of the object being monitored to the I/O Monitor HTML snapshot file.
- Fixed some minor OPC issues: Now send an “OnDataChange” for all items after a re-advise, after SetEnable(TRUE), after Group.SetState(Active == TRUE), and after a change of data type during SetDataTypes.
- Added ability to setup an integer “Message Count” item in protocols. This will work just like a Notification Item but instead of setting a boolean flag when the message occurs, the integer value will increment by one each time a message completes.
ABOUT SOFTWARE TOOLBOX
Since 1996, Software Toolbox has been an industry source for industrial automation software, from project conception to completion. The company has served more than 10,000 clients in 110 countries helping them find, evaluate, purchase and support automation software solutions. These solutions include OPC servers, clients, development toolkits, HMI/SCADA add-ins/enhancements, and ActiveX and .NET development tools for Visual Studio C#/VB/C++. Software Toolbox works with its clients in all phases of projects to help them find and determine the right tools to use and to support overall project objectives and maximize their industrial software results.
Visit Our Home Page http://www.softwaretoolbox.com